Gates' on the Go

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Daddy's Been Reading the Label Again!


My husband, as most of you know, is a pharmacist and so I'm sure he spends countless hours reading the labels on all those bottles he sends out the distinct little window we all know and love. My daughters as most of you know, have been blessed with amazing hair that can stand in all directions at once until tamed by the comb and a lot of water.
Well one night after dinner, our family settled into their usual spots...kids cleared the table I took over the cleaning of the kitchen and Aaron headed upstairs to start the baths. I was peacefully scrubbing away the remains of a delicious dinner, when my ears atuned to wailing and nashing of teeth from the top level of our house. I wondered what on earth is going on in the bathroom. I could distinguish Greta's cry and knew it wasn't pain and from the silence of the others I figured there was nothing to cause me to panic.... I just wondered what all the fuss was. I contiued to wash dishes. Then, I could hear Gage crying something fierce but not pain. So I kept washing. Next came Grace, same sort of holler and finally Gabriel with a zealous cry from the preknowlege of whatever injustice was occurring to the others.
As I was finishing my kitchen detail, one by one my babes came down stairs in fresh jammies and taussled hair. I inquired of Greta what had caused all the commotion, She sobbed..."Daddy washed my hair!" In and of itself, hair washing is almost always Daddy's domain and is usually accompanied by mild resistance unlike the trauma of the night at hand. By the evening, I'm not interested in the things that are crawling in their hair, I just want to crawl into bed. Aaron has some remaining since of duty and so for years the kids actually get clean when Daddy gives them a bath. But this one particular night was a bit more grueling than most.
Curiosity took over and I started upstairs only to meet Aaron half way holding the conditioner bottle in hand. He looks up and says with a smirk, "Did you notice how shiny the kids hair is tonight and how fragrant it is? It says to rinse with cold water to ensure long lasting shine and fragrance." Daddy's been reading the labels again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home